Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 

Aarrrgh!

I was thinking to quit smoking. I am actually been thinking about it a while. But right now I think I shouldn’t stop. I know it is not healthy, but that doesn’t stop most people from drinking sugar packed fizzy drinks or eating junk food. And I don’t want to advertise it in any way....so if you haven’t started yet DON’T, ever! But I do believe that everybody should be able to do what he/she wants…Ok, sometimes I want to kill somebody who really pissed me off and I shouldn’t do that and should not be allowed to (and I never did). And you shouldn’t be allowed to bomb other countries without or faked reasons or at all. And you should not be allowed to get away with it. And you shouldn’t get away with torturing people just because you are bored, stupid, were never really accepted and your parents did not love you. Even you are in the middle of a desert and do not know what you are there for. You should be allowed to draw cartoons and being satirical.

What does this have to do with smoking?? Well, Maori party decided (this is not true I just found out: one member wants a complete smoking ban, so please replace Maori party in this post with "one member of the Maori party") they want totally ban smoking. You wouldn’t be allowed to smoke anywhere. It is forbidden to smoke in pubs here, I kind of understand why and I am used to it and do not really mind to go outside if I feel like a puff (actually we usually stay outside and the non-smokers follow after a while. So that the pubs are pretty empty inside and packed outside.) even if I would stop smoking I do not care what other people do to themselves or in their home, garden, car. It is not of my business. If you enjoy smoking, do it. I know you will say something about how unhealthy it is, passive smoking and damage to the society. Well drinking alcohol is unhealthy and eating (red) meat is the second highest risk (after smoking) for cancer. Nobody wants to forbid that. Well, you find people who want to forbid meat or alcohol.

Being obese is unhealthy and damaging the society. Driving a SUV is unhealthy, uncool, blocking my view at interceptions and killing school kids who are too small to see if you are driving out of the school drive way. I would love somebody forbids them (and actually would love to drive one as I am sure its fun). Anyway, I think it is not the Maori partys business if you smoke or not!

At the same day the EU made “great progress in securing the safety and FREEDOM of the EU”. The parliament decided to save all telefon calls (incl. internet connections) with owner of the connection, time, date and number of the receiver for 6-24 month. EVERY call! War against terrorism and other crimes! Thank you, I feel much saver and free now. Thank you for trusting us! Maybe you should read our letters as well. At least Ireland and Slovakia said no.

And the job of storing the data is left to (Deutsche) Telekom, which weren’t able to make a telephone connection at my ex-girlfriends place for 3 month.

Hey, where are we going?? What kind of world we wanna give to (y)our kids? Nowadays-even actors get into trouble by doing their job.

One day somebody tell a friend via email or telephone that he is drawing a cartoon while he smoking in his lounge and will be arrested by the police, which was informed by the Maori party (who globalized their non-smoking program by then). And all that for his own safety in the name of national security and fight against terrorism.


Comments:
I can see why you do not finish your Phd, but I think it is as much that 'life now' is preferably to 'life five years ago' (with or without girlfriend) and the delay in completion of Phd is as much about wanting to hang onto your life here in P.N. City for as long as possible as it is about spending all your time blogging. And who can blame you with friends like me an weather like ours? Just a gentle breeze today, and no less than 3 degrees this morning. ;)

My second point for the day, oh birthday boy, is what the F*ck are you thinking not giving up smoking out of principal over a throw away comment by ONE member of a political party that doesn't give a sh*t about you anyway?
Smoking and red meat - hmmm you'll have to convince me!
Red meat gives you cancer when consumed in gratuitous amounts. In moderation it gives the population the protein, vitamins and minerals that we need in a easy to obtain, easy to prepare and easy to digest form. Having grown up as a vegetarian and now choose to eat meat only sometimes I feel I can point out that the entire concept of being so fussy about what we eat is luxury we hold as very privileged wealthy people. So that is great, cause that's what we are. Full power to us.
But really, stop labelling your tobacco addiction as a stand against society. You smokers all do it! People only care if you kill yourself at the point at which we have to pay more taxes to cover your health costs. Your point is lost, no one cares and all you do is smell and do awful things to your now ageing body.
You should just stick to the booze and drown your liver like I do.

One more thing - why are all the good gigs being held as 'balls' now? Balls should have stopped in the 1950s where they belonged. Geez louise!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]