Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 

I am braver than John Cleese

Here is what John Cleese thinks about Palmy. Found at stuff.co.nz

No one likes to hear unkind comments about their hometown but like it or not, all places in New Zealand are created equal. What appeals to one person is guaranteed to be hated by others – especially those impossible-to-please notorious nitpickering celebrities. British comedian John Cleese's recent website comments about Palmerston North have offended mayor Heather Tanguay. Cleese, of Monty Python and Fawlty Towers fame, stayed in Palmerston North last November as part of his My Life, Time and Current Medical Problems tour. Cleese called the city "the suicide capital of New Zealand" and said "if you wish to kill yourself but lack the courage to, I think a visit to Palmerston North will do the trick." Cleese didn't stop there, saying the "weather was grotty, the theatre (where he performed) was a nasty shape and the audience was very strange to play to". Cleese said he had a "thoroughly bloody miserable time" in the city.

Snob!!!! I give him the weather though.


Comments:
I loved John Cleese since ages. I was so flattered when I found out that we´re soulmates too! Haha, he has a good eye to spot the essence of a whole town in days. It took me weeks to find out myself. Nevertheless Palmy can be fun, as long as you enjoy science and drinking. And you know the right people to hang out with (e.g. in Wellington, Auckland or somewhere else). Nah, just kidding, there are some nice peeps in Palmy too (for example you :-), but I really miss these rainy grey days on the square... Melbourne isn´t quite Palmy... But ya have always a place on my couch to crash mate!

Dorit
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]