Thursday, May 25, 2006

 
I am pretty much on the way back to Germany. This will be probably my last post before I go. Even my Visa arrived. So that’s all sorted. Haven’t been back for 3 years so that’s all exciting. Some people I haven’t seen for even longer. I am quite proud to have still (occasional) contact with a lot of people I left back in Germany. So I hope to catch up with all of you while I am on holiday in my country of origin. I am a bit shy to call it home…I mean it is in a way, but in the end home is where your heart is (schnulz) and as I spend my last 3 years here and my life basically is filled with people in New Zealand I might actually be more home here, but on the other hand I am still missing family and friends in Germany (as well as beer, insulation, bread and cultural opportunities (nightlife, concerts …people, diversity)).

I am really looking forward to see you again but I am also happy that I will come back here and don’t have to say good-bye forever yet.
The first gig I go to in Germany will be Fat Freddys Drop in Berlin. I am trying to avoid a cultural shock so I start with bands from Aotearoa in Europe. But maybe I must taken by hand to cross streets
and cities in case I am scared of so many people. And I might be disappointed if the cashiers at the supermarket don’t ask me how my day was or even don’t say “Hello!”. But I am sure I can cope.

The weather here gets slowly nastier (cold and wet) so I can’t wait to have summer instead of frozen feet and sitting around an electric heater for the next two months.

I also like the idea to watch some football instead of rugby, rugby league, netball or cricket (not that I watched the last 3 anyway).

.....did I mentioned that I hate flying


Comments:
Am 8. Juni in der Maria? We kool...
Bin wahrscheinlich am Wochenende danach (15. bis 18. - Fronleichnam-verlängertes Wochenende, you know?) in Kölle, um im Togohaus rumzuhämgen. Check out:
www.togohaus.de

Schon Pläne für wann wo sein und welche Spiele auf welcher Großleinwand sehen?
In Hamburg ist immer ein Bettchen für Dich frei!

Liebste Grüße,
deekäthe
 
If I don't see you this evening at the "Winchester", all the best for your overseas journey. Hope to catch up with you in the short period between your return and my departure!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]