Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

Is it 1984?

I finally got my Visa stuff done. Not exactly complete done but I should get it soon. The most interesting result was coming out my medical check. I was just on the border of a healthy protein level in my blood. Not surprisingly as I live on a vegan diet, but it was the upper limit. So much about lack of protein.

Anyway, reading the newspaper yesterday I learned I could be a potential terrorist threat to New Zealand (??? Blow up sheep? Peeing on Kiwifruits? Breeding possums??) and therefore the SIS (Security Intelligence Service) might be watching me. Not only me basically all Massey science students. Of course “it will not be focused on certain groups like foreign students”, vegans, males or blondes. Yeah right.

I think in Americas war on terrorism every country which wants to be regarded as an important partner needs to show some actions. Because they couldn’t find anything else in New Zealand they spy on science students. Welcome to the world of paranoia and mistrust New Zealand!

Well, I guess it would be more helpful for the people of New Zealand if their Tsunami reaction and precaution would be a little bit more paranoid. After the earth quake in Tonga there was a Tsunami warning for the NZ east Coast but the
authorities didn't act in New Zealand. People have been called from the USA
and then they called all the folks they knew in New Zealand and they called
and they called and so on..

Consistent the authorities did not tell anybody that the danger is over
before 1 or 2 h so that people stayed worried. Looking forward to a real
Tsunami!

Meanwhile I guess I will look for people with beard and turbans in our lab. Unfortunately the SIS couldn’t specify how the terrorist making “Anthrax in cans” look like so I just go with the picture the press is giving me.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]