Monday, May 08, 2006

 

Sport History


I just found out that playing Handball in New Zealand is more fun than playing soccer. While my football team seems to be on an historical losing strike(0:6, 1:2, 0:3, 2:4, 2:7), I won my first Handball game ever. Not onlyme of course, the Massey Handball Team.



This was not only my (and most of my teammates) first Handball match. It also was the first Handball match of a Palmerston North team. And we won. This is probably more due to the lack of talent of our opponents, but who cares. In football our opponents celebrating the victories against us as well.

And it is just a myth that they exchange the cross on the watchtower in the square with a golden Handball and putting up flags with our team logo.

Comments:
NO we just get our names engraved into the bronze tables...direct next to the Palmerston North war heroes.
 
Congratulation. Funny to see that you look pretty shortish - even next to kiwis!
 
As long as I look pretty...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]