Friday, June 16, 2006

 

Erste Woche

I am already back since a week. Time is running fast as older you get shocking! Even with a big personal disappointment I enjoy my time. We had about 30C for a week! In Germany! Well, was supposed to have a summer holiday anyway! The World Cup is fantastic and after the Poland game I also think we have a real chance..but time will tell.

I have been in Berlin for a few days as I mentioned before. Beside that the fantastic Wellingtonian Fred Freddys Drop a played a great gig I was glad to see friends which I haven’t seen for 3 (or 1 year). Nothing changed, it was as you never have been away. Even we all had different lives, joys and problems. In a way it is weird but very good to know.

But some things are strange in Germany. First, people are friendly. I don’t know if it is the weather, the world cup or my bad expectations as everybody told me (and I completely agreed) how rough we are. But maybe they got special classes before the World Cup. I was really surprised and confused when a visit a shop and the clerk didn’t stop talking to me. Still having a jetlag at this time I couldn’t deal with it and kept it short.

The country (including cars and Kebab shops) is full of Schwarz-Rot-Gold (yeah gold not yellow Dorothee).

Soy milk is available in every shop but in nearly no Café; except in Berlin. Apropos Berlin. I actually spent allmy time in Kreuzberg and Charlottenburg, but if the weather is great Berlin is beautyfull. So I made plans to open my live-gig-vegan-(local beer)-restaurant-pub there. But they already had 50 restaurants/pub providing vegan things. So I better finish my studies until I find another place. I might check out Cologne this weekend (where I also hope to get a ticket for Ghana: Czech).

I know, I said that in Germany we would never put artificial flavours in beer. But to my horror every brand has a lemon, apple, lime and/or cola mix! Blasphemy! The ads are all with beautiful young slime woman in bikinis. The typical beer drinker (in Germany)! So you know why they put the sweet stuff in good beer. That’s directly led me to the world cup and Brasil. A great number of girls chose to become Brasil supporter. This is thanks to the Nike advertisements! (Some are Italy supporters as they apparently look better and that is David Beckhams fault who brought all the Womens weekly readers into the Soccer world). But luckily the world cup is not (yet) a Nike TV spot where Brasil is allowed to do everything and the opponent is due to stand, watch and admire the ballet. After the problems Brasil had with Croatia I think they will lose against Australia. Australia will tackle them hard (hey they even injured two Dutch in a test match before) and Ronaldinho & Co. will be surprised that somebody doesn’t show the respect they are used to from the TV clips and play station games.

Enough football! Gonna watch the All Blacks against Ireland on Sunday as well!

Let me know when the weather is better in Aotearoa than I come back!

I will put some pics up soon!

Comments:
hello! i read your article and i yust need to contact you and share my opinion. i was watching the match croatia-brazil and i was surprised how well croatia was playing. it´s true that ronaldo seemed he wasn´t there and the final score was on the brazilian side only by the merit of few players like dida or kaka. i´m realy sorry that croatia didn´t equalize because they were trying hard, specially prso and babic. i don´t understand why emerson didn´t get the yellow card after pushing niko kovac( that is why he is injured ). i hope that they will pass the group. ecuador is playing well, but netherlands and sweden not as they used to. i´m glad that ronney started playing- he is one of the best english players. i would like to know what do you think is the judgement fair. sorry if i was boring with making comments to brazil-however i´m from croatia!!!
 
Hi Irena! Yeah Croatia played well. I like them anyway as you have quite a few Schwabos (thats what you say for Germans, ey?) in your team. The "Hamburger Jung" Klasnic and the Kovacs from Berlin. So could our second team (even you should do something about your shirts, they are terrible ;-)). I still hope that Australia makes the next round. But I wouldn,t mind you guys. If England is dependent on one player (even its Rooney the pitbull-monchichi mixture) they don't deserve to win. I hope you will enjoy the rest of the world cup, might see you in the final!
 
i know that our shirts are ugly, but i didn´t chose them. you know, we are very proud to have Klasnic and Kovacs. it is true that they were born in Germany and they live ther but they still have their national identity. it was very nice and brave stuff when Klasnic refused to play for Germany ( even that would be good for him because Germany plays good and it will continue winning so he would be part off an excelent team ). you may laught now: Mark Viduka is a Croat too- it looks like we are everywhere. i´ll be happy to if Australia passes. My personal favourites are Ecuador, Germany, Spain and Argentina. brazil... i don´t want them to win, i don´t want that domination of brazilian football continues. so, in which city you are, what is like to be in the ˝center of the universe˝
 
Being in the centre of the universe is great. But its hot so I am missing a beach. I would like Australia to get into the next round so sorry for Croatia. ;-P
I think Ecuador is overrated and Germany will get better. Spain did a good job against Ukraine but weren't very imprssive against Tunesia..so we will see! Good luck
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]