Thursday, June 29, 2006

 

Support your local brewer!


This post was actually a comment on Dans blog but I thought this might be also interesting for broader public. He was complaining about Monteiths Summer Ale missing American (minor breweries) beers. Well, my only memories on American beers is that they either were way too thick and dark English style ones (also warm and too much of a caramel taste) or the waterly world cup sponsor like Budweiser. I remember I became friend with Rolling Rock without finding it too fancy. Think he is right with the New Zealand beers being not very…?? exciting. I still like Monteiths Golden or Original. Being German I think it is his right punishment as he bought a beer not brewed after the purity law and containing extra honey (being vegan that can't be right for me as well). But let me warn you! Since I drank Kiwi beer for the last 3 years my taste for beer seemed to have changed. I drink and enjoy beers I never liked before and are a bit dissapointed with some of my former favorites. Of course they are much better than Tui, Export, DB or Ranfurly. But you also might have a wrong idealized memory of your favorite beers which will lead to disapointments...the same might be true for women ;-(

Anyway, Guiness in Germany (even it seemed to be brewed in Dublin) is disgusting. And as Dan pointed out right: The Beers of the small local breweries still meet all of your expectations (every Duesseldorfer will kill me for that, but I even enjoyed Koelsch. That was when I realized somehow my taste must have changed remarkably).


Comments:
The Belgium beers are and will still remain the best EVER, for EVER !!!!
But i have to admit, some german beers were surprisingly not bad..

Hey!! you're getting ready for the big Italian smash!?!? Hopefully we're going to watch it altogether (J&M&M, R&F, T, Y&I,C,A&B)
I can't wait for the French ~ German finale!! (but, yes, i know, it's not in the pocket yet). I only wish you'd be here with us, so we could at last decently tease each other!! what a shame! What idea did you have to go back to Germany for the World Cup only to stay right outside the stadiums!?!
Ah, well, i wish you all the best for the next game (as i will to A&B): que le meilleur gagne!
Talk to you soon.

Bizbiz,
Do
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]