Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 

Ausgerechnet Italien

Tonight is the night. Semifinal against Italy. After we somehow beat Argentina, who were in the first half the clearly better team (but in the end we deserved to win) we are now playing against the football mafia Italia. Somehow Italia managed to become the most unpopular team in Germany. Even with the ladies. This is kind of difficult as Holland played in the tournament as well and (for me) it is usually enough if we get further than our little orange neighbors. And Argentina are not really popular as well. (For the English: Even you consider us as our archrival nobody really cares about England. In the contrary England has a big supporter group in Germany (as long as you don’t play against us). And right now everybody is feeling sorry about you (the penalty statistic is getting ridiculous) which should hurt you even more ;-))

Anyway, even I don’t wish Scudy&Kimboz anything bad…I just couldn’t stand seeing Italy in the final. Those slimy, winy underwear models falling at every little touch and themselves playing as fair as the Argentinos. Players who mainly played for teams which are heavily involved in the last Italian referee/corruption scandal or/and are owned by Berlusconi. Our best defensive midfielder got suspended after an Italian TV channel (Sky..just a guess but I think it must belong to Berlusconi) showed pictures of a little fight between Frings (the German player) and one of the Argentinos. The Argentino said he couldn’t feel any touch but after the pictures were broadcasted (2 days later!) Frings got suspended. Of course without any intervention of the Italian football association, yeah right. I just don’t wanna lose against Italy. But the statistic is against us. We never won against Italy in any World Cup or European Cup. We were close in 1970…lost 4:3 in extra time but didn’t get 3 ..THREE.. penalties in the so called “Game of the Century”. We will see tonight. I hope we win otherwise I have to live with the teasing from Kimboz for the rest of my time in Aotearoa. It probably wouldn’t be much better for if we lose against France in the final having French flatmates. So from now on every match we lose will also be a personal defeat.


Comments:
Germany, Italy, France... somehow I'm going to have to find a way to celebrate with some of my friends but commiserate with the others. I don't even know how to say, "Good luck" without offending someone. Or maybe I just say it anyway and everyone will think I'm wishing it for them (which I am, of course).

Good luck! (hee hee)
 
If Italy is everybodys foe there must be a ... reasons. The Bush administration in football! Inzaghi,penalty 94. minute with a diver sounds like a Juve game. We will see how much money you still have left.
Anyway you don't talk with most of the Germans anyway...but if we win I will not diss you in front of them ..promised! I don't have a good feeling tonight, but the same was for the Sweden game. Hope I will not be too drunk to miss all the fouls and dives your team does after we are 2:0 in front (25. minute). And France will be hard to beat!

Pete: You still can go for Portugal. You wouldn't please any of us but everybody would show the same nonunderstanding towards you. But Portugal is like Italy only they never win.
 
I'm so sorry for you, Arne!!!
I really wanted France~Germany in finale.
Oh! God! this game was so irritating!! I couldn't stand it anymore!! Please guys (every footballers), stop the random fallings!!! It's not football! Just shut up and play!
Poor germany... But WHY did they stop playing after the first goal?!? I admit it was pretty hopeless by then, but you would have avoided this second one!! I know, i'm only stating the obvious, but i need to exorcise it!
Gosh! i really hope France is gonna win against Protugal, but i'm not really looking forward to the France~Italy. It's gonna be nasty. Lots of cinema in perspective, and probably not really beautiful football...
Well, we'll see...
Which side are you gonna choose, Arne?.... you'd better choose well...

Do.
 
The German fans where so anoying, ohne holland fahrern wir nach berlin.
See what happens, schade Deutschland auch Ullrich ist nicht mehr dabei
 
Do..of course I hope that France will beat the Italians in the final. It would be to tough for me after losing against Italy also lose against France in the match for the 3rd place.
I think we were very tired. Nothing work for us in extra time. We were quite lucky at the beginning.

@huphup: Who is Holland??
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]