Friday, September 15, 2006

 

Statisch

I just wanted to let you you know that I hate statistics. Well, I don't understand statistics and some wise people said, you only hate, what you don't understand. I don't understand Rusian but if it is spoken by a beatyful lady I am sure I like it. But I do not understand statistic and I do not like it. Basically I hate not to know what I am doing. There are hundreds of webpages, books and computer programs available (Nowadays you even don't have to do the calculations). But, which test do you use for what, when, how and why. I can answer the when. That is when you have to.Or they make you (they are everybody -thing taking part in that big conspiracy against you and your dreams. I wanted to be a rockstar and now I am doing statistics, see what THEY did to me). And I can answer you the how. You just put numbers into prepared webpages or excel sheets and press ENTER on you computer and that is it. But then you get those nice data (=numbers) which try to tell you a story. But I don't get their story. I don't understand them. We are not even speaking the same language. This might be, because I don't know which statistic I should use for what and why. I think that is why I hate it. But my results looking good, I guess. Its just a feeling I did everything allright. But feelings and statistic don't mix, do they? And I am not even doing real statistic.....I am stucked. Time for the weekend.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]