Monday, October 23, 2006

 

I start tommorrow. ..yeah right

I am currently trying to avoid writing my thesis. Not that it would make any sense as it will get more and more stressful as longer as I avoid it.
But how do write if you can't have cigarette breaks. You can replace it with coffee breaks but that hurts your tummy after the 6th one. So instead I do baking. As you see I made fantastic almond-orange-lemon-poppyseed cookies, out of a hazelnut cookie recipe . Yes, they are vegan and yes they were supposed to look like the ones in the magazine. I blame our oven for the slighty burned color. I also blame the oven for the failure of the "Creamy Cashew -Almond Nut Loaf" you see with a perfect Granny Smith apple. It actually wasn't a failure as it tasted terrific. It just did not keep the shape. Anyway I took it with me on a hike. Something I haven't done since months (February I think). Going for a hike is also very usefull for avoid writing your thesis and/ or papers. But the hike was good. Even I did not feel the benefits of not-smoking at the very steep part.

One other favorite time killer is searching Vegan-blogs for recipes. Then I get hungry and go home and cook again. Like this Malaysian Tofu-Curry. I have no idea if it is any similar to any Malaysian Curry but it is delicious ( and keeps you away from smoking/working). My flatmate found a little green caterpillar in her portion so it wasn't completely vegan.
Writing your blog is also great for avoid working. And then there is still our backyard................
Comments:
selfish boy. the longer you wait with your thesis the longer has your indian wife stay by herself.
the vegan food looks yummy! you should move here and cook for your friends!
reading other people blogs is fun it helps you avoiding lab work...
 
that was me btw. and i also wanted to mention that i´m really proud of you for not smoking!

go arne!

cheerio, dorit
 
Thanx Dorit! Because you are so kind I make sure you get your suncream.... but since you in Germany over Summer you probably don't need it. And gonna work, write and cook that I can soon cook for you and your gorgeous flatmates.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]