Monday, July 09, 2007

 

The confident look of someone who is soon losing his beard


…and handing in!?! My beard got far to long. For a while I thought I need to convert to Islam just to justify my look. I was suppose to print and hand in on Wednesday. It became Thursday, than Friday. I printed. I looked great bright colours a lot of contrast. A closer look revealed they are too dark. If there are some black boxes in my thesis (most likely), at least they should not be the pictures. So I learned, there differences in jpegs. You can have CMYK and RGB. Some printer like that the other like the other. Further if anyone of you needs to print a thesis with pictures…optimise your screen settings, before you create the pictures. Mine seem to be pretty off. I guess that why everybody is asking me where my red tattoo is…although there isn’t any red in it.

Anyway I am looking forward to shave, having time off and only need to worry about the thesis before my defence. And man I will be worried.

Anyhow starting to work here a bit and then I will go to Perth for 12 days.

I learned the last weeks:

Beards make you look old and fat!

They are itchy and sting.

If your moustache got the right length you can scratch yourself inside your nostrils.

Internet it a time waster!

You can get used to Marmite and even enjoy it.

I am opening a vegan-punk-rock-café-live-music-art-pub-restaurant. Some day, somewhere else than in Palmy.

New Zealand winters suck!!! Especially if you are inside. This country would be able to fulfil the Kyoto protocol by insulating there houses and put double glasing in every building. They could be rich by selling there saved carbon emissions. Then they also would have a power shortage every winter. That is fucking stupid. I know you are tough Kiwis and can endure the cold…but that is FUCKING STUPID! Have a look at the map! You are not in the tropical areas of the world!!!

And than there was a tornado in Taranaki. I remember every time you see the American tornado “victims”. All desperate and winy in the interview after, non-stop crying. The reactions here were somewhat like:

“Mmmmh…yeah that really sucked, bro. My roof is gone, and its raining. That really sucks. I nearly cried on time.”

“Yeah that tornado was in my bathroom and then I ran into my bedroom and it followed me. That was pretty scary.”

“Yeahh we can’t stay here. No power, no roof, no water! That sucks, but nothing we can do”.

…waiting for the printery call…

Comments:
Haha, funny...some of it. Glad you handed in your thesis (I hope you did). Miss you. Don't have time to write...have to finish a poster before tomorrow morning when it needs to be printed...then I have to write a manuscript for the conference...then I have to fly down to Italy and start sweating. Hope there's AC in my hotel...

D
 
yaaaaaaaaay
great, so you're waiting for the dissertation now?
Barb and andrea
 
Arne.. You looked rather creepy with your beard LOL :D So what's the plan now?? where are you thinking of going?? YOu are not staying in Palmy aye?? Didn't even know you have a blog :P
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]