Monday, September 29, 2008

 

Eating out in Anger(s)


, originally uploaded by Schwelmo.

My first experiences of (vegan) eating out in France were both encouraging and disappointing. Encouraging because I did find four places in Angers to eat; actually 5 if you count the market where we were able to buy vegetables, olives bread and wine which makes a great brunch (can’t tell you that we had wine for breakfast). Two were Indian places, which are somewhat disappointing as they not really taste like Indian food. Apparently French don’t like it spicy. However, they like their meat dishes. Everything needs to have something dead in it. Even in the vegetarian couscous. I actually looked forward to couscous and there are places where you can get vegetarian couscous. But even they are made with beef stack. In all (two ;-) ) places we asked. They had the attitude that it is vegetarian as there is no meat in it (fish is a vegetable anyway). As my attitude to vegetarian is different couscous is off my list for now. Looking at the menu cards it probably will be ratatouille, falafel, ratatouille, falafel for me. Beside finding an acceptable place to eat I also will have to adapt my eating times. You only get food between 12.03 and 13.37 o’clock and then from 19.13 until 21.56. if you are hungry in between...well you are fucked! You it what and when, however the restaurant decides for you.
Hope i have kitchen in Nancy. ;-)


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]